Sunday, January 19, 2014

Emperor Penguins


Hi! It's me Riley! I am writing about Emperor Penguins.
The Emperor Penguins are the biggest and heaviest penguins!  They are about as tall as a 7 year old kid!


They eat fish, krill, and squid.





The penguins huddle in the cold winter.



The mother penguin lays one egg.  The dad penguin keeps it warm until the egg hatches.  The mother goes out to hunt for food for 2 months.  She comes back and brings the food to the baby.  The mom and dad take turns hunting and taking care of the baby.




They live in Antarctica.  It is very cold there!



Emperor Penguins lose their soft feathers and grow waterproof feathers.




The last thing is penguins love to pop out of the water!


Bye!

Riley

3 comments:

  1. My favorite animal! I am so excited to read about them! You did a very good job, Riley, and I love the photos you chose. Aren't they cute! I wish I could have one as a pet and she could sleep with Pearce! Thank you for this important blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Riley,

    My old roommate Zach is a huge fan of penguins. I am going to send him this blog. Maybe he will learn something from it. I didn't know that they eat squid. That is so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Riley,It is I your aunt Nicolle. I was wondering if you could write about Dolphines. I always wanted to learn more about them. If you write about them that would be helpful

    ReplyDelete